Thank you for your interest in studying at Azerbaijan Medical University (AMU)!
Below you will find some important information that may be helpful during application process.
1. The academic year (first semester) starts on the 15th of September for undergraduate levels and on the 1st of October for postgraduate levels. You should submit all your documents in person between the 20th of August and the 10th of September.
2. You have to submit in person the following documents:
- Legalized copy of your high school or bachelor diploma (Apostille);
- Notarized translation of your high school or bachelor diploma and transcript to Azerbaijani in 2 (two) copies;
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate (minimal IELTS 5.0 or TOEFL 40 points for undergraduate level) – for English education language only
- 8 (eight) 3x4 cm size photos on red matte background.
NB! Due to limited numbers of seats for undergraduate foreign students at AMU please note the following information:
- For Iranian citizens only! You should have a score of at least 15 points on the natural sciences portion of your High School examination to apply to the AMU undergraduate program.
- For Jordan citizens only! You should submit all your documents only through intermediary company IGEC Jordan. Please contact them through email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Indian citizens only! You should submit all your documents only through intermediary company ELEVITTA LTD. Please contact them through email email@example.com
3 To obtain the student visa in consulate of Azerbaijan in your country we can send you an invitation letter. You cannot submit your documents if you have ordinary/tourist Azerbaijani visa. If you need an invitation letter please, apply to the Dean’s Office for International Students before applying for a student visa to the Azerbaijan Embassy.
4. Legalization of your diploma (Apostille) is usually carried out by the authorized state body of the country, which issued your education documents along with your transcripts. You should consult a lawyer in your country regarding this issue.
5. Translation and notarization of your documents is available in ASAN State service or any notary's office after you have arrived in Azerbaijan.
6. Duration of undergraduate level education:
- 6 years for MD course (General medicine faculty);
- 5 years for Dentistry faculty;
- 5 years for Prophylactic Healthcare faculty;
- 4 years for Pharmacy faculty;
7. We also have a postgraduate program (Master's degree and Residency) for international students. Postgraduate education courses last from 2 to 5 years depending on specialty.
8. All PhD programs in Azerbaijan Medical University last 3 years.
9. Basic tuition fee for each academic year is:
- 3500 Azerbaijani Manats (AZN) for preparation course;
- 4000 AZN for undergraduate level (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Prophylactic Healthcare Faculties);
- 4000 AZN for postgraduate (Master’s Degree) level (Pharmacy Faculty only);
- 5000 AZN for postgraduate (Residency) level (all other specialties).
- 5000 AZN for all PhD programs.
Note: According to new rules, each academic year must be fully prepaid before classes begin. This payment is not refundable. Final amount may be different in particular countries and regions.
10. After complete submission of documents and full prepayment for the first academic year, we will help you to get a 1-year student visa. To get the visa you should also pass a medical checkup with according certification (Hepatitis A, B, C and HIV test) issued by the authorized clinic of State Migration Service of Azerbaijan Republic.
11. One year preparation course for undergraduate (MD) levels is mandatory if you choose Azerbaijani or Russian education only.
For English education, the preparation course it is not mandatory if you have a language certificate for levels required or graduated from a high school with education in English. In all other cases you have to pass the preparation course as well.
12. If you graduated from a high school with education in Russian, you can submit your documents directly for the first year (only for Russian language education). For English and Azerbaijani language education, you must pass the preparation course first.
13. We can also provide a hostel for your study period upon your request. The price for one bed in a shared room with a toilet is 600 AZN per year.